Drum motor is a kind of driving device that combines electric motor and reducer to the inside of the drum body. The power has the motor transferring to the drum body through the reducer mechanism, thus driving the conveyor belt to rotate.
What are the advantages of Drum Motors compared to traditional motors
1) Installation: The installation of a point roller is very simple and fast. The time required to install a drum motor is 3/4 compared to traditional installation.
2) The installation of a traditional male motor requires the installation of sprockets, rollers, fixed plates and other components. The traditional motor installation process and commissioning process are very tedious.
3) Durability: Because the drum motor is fully sealed, it can maintain good operating efficiency in an environment filled with water, gravel, chemicals, grease, etc.
4) Traditional motors, on the other hand, have high requirements for the operating environment and cannot work properly in unfavorable environments. For example, in the working environment of debris, the traditional motor is easy to inhale debris, thus damaging the motor.
5) Design hygiene: The pointing roller is made of glossy stainless steel and fully enclosed design, which reduces the risk of contamination during food processing. The exposed mechanical structure and lubricating oil of the traditional motor cannot be used in the food processing industry.
6) High output: Pointing roller transmission efficiency can be as high as 97%.
Drive motor is about only 75% of mechanical efficiency transmission to the belt.
7) space saving and safety: Drum motor, gear box and connecting shaft are installed in the outer tube of the drum, hardly occupying the external space of the conveyor belt, and no rotating parts are exposed, safe and reliable.
Traditional motors, gearboxes, sprockets, chains and mounting plates are mounted on the outside of the belt, taking up more space and making the drive chain less safe for foreign objects.
8) Maintenance-free: The sealed design of the drum motor ensures that the internal parts are not affected by external conditions, ensuring trouble-free conveying.
Traditional motors require regular maintenance of drive sprockets and chains, otherwise they will not work properly.
How do choose the right Drum Motor
Drum motor can be divided into φ50 drum motor, φ60 drum motor, φ67 drum motor, φ82 drum motor, φ113 drum motor, φ138 drum motor, φ165 drum motor, and φ216 drum motor according to the diameter of the drum. Sure, if you have different special function or the other wanna customized, also support it.
Φ50 Direct Drum Motor Narrowband Sorting
|Driver Supply Voltage UDC||V||48|
|Number of Pole Pairs||8|
|Rated Speed Nn||rpm||764|
|Number of phase winding||3|
|Max Torque Tn||Nm||4|
|No Load Current To||Arms||0.8|
|Instantaneous Maximum Current||Arms||32.00|
|Linear Back Potential Coefficient Kn||Vrms/krpm||Supporting customized ±10%|
|Torque Coefficient Kr||N/m/Arms||0.226±10%|
|DC line Resistance RI|
|The line Inductance LI|
|Position Feedback Device||Hoare|
|Working System||short time|